Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Open-face Hummus Sandwich

I've been eating salads almost every day for lunch and now I'm extremely tired of them. They just don't taste good to me anymore. I'm trying to come up with more simple ways to create a filling lunch. I usually pair my salad with crackers and hummus to make it more substantial, but whenever I add bread to the mix I always feel a lot more full and like I don't need to add a bunch of sides. Maybe just a piece of fruit.

My go to lunch the past week has been peanut butter and banana on toasted, GF cinnamon raisin bread. (this is the only bread that I can eat by itself and think it actually tastes good) I ran out of it the other day. Devastating. I could have easily gone to the grocery store but I am lazy. So I got creative.



Ingredients:
2 slices toasted GF bread (I used Udi's whole wheat)
GF roasted red pepper hummus
frozen spinach, cooked according to package
garlic salt
handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Directions:
Add desired amount of hummus to bread then add spinach and sprinkle with just a touch of garlic salt. Tip with cherry tomatoes.

I know I've said before that I am not a fan of GF bread. However, toasting the bread and adding hummus add a ton of flavor. Tasty, filling, and healthy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment