Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Family Favorite

I'm not a huge meat eater, especially when it come to steak. I very rarely crave red meat but this recipe is the one exception. I could eat it every single week and never get tired of it. Steak shish-ka-bobs are heavenly. My roommate is vegetarian so she marinated tofu and said it tasted good. Everyone should give this recipe a try. My family makes it every year when we go camping and it is definitely a favorite.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
2 tbsp mollasses
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp ginger
1 tbsp cider vinegar
3-5 steak filets cut into 2-3 inch chunks

1 zuchinni
1/2 red, orange, and yellow pepper
1/2 red onion

Directions:
Whisk together ingredients and pour in a large ziplock bag. (reserve some of the marinade for veggies) Marinate steak at least over night and put on skewers and grill until done. Cut veggies into bite sized pieces and arrange on skewers. Spread marinade on veggies while they are on the grill.

Play around and use your favorite veggies. I like this meal with a baked potato where you can cut up all the vegetables and mix it all together. Enjoy!

heaven on a stick

No comments:

Post a Comment