Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thai Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce

If you think the Pad Thai noodles from Noodle's and Company are good, then you need to try this dish. I have no clue how on my first try I made an amazing Thai dish, but I did. And I'm ok with that.

It tastes a million times better than it looks, I swear.


Ingredients:
Noodles:
1 package of rice sticks (this is a super thin rice noodle. I found it in the international food isle) 2 tbsp sesame oil

Sauce:
2tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
1 cup frozen broccoli
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup GF soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
*1/2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce


Directions:
Cook rice sticks according to package directions. Mix in sesame oil and set aside.

Heat sesame oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add green onions, carrots, stir-fry veggies, broccoli, garlic and ginger. Saute until vegetables soften, about 4 minutes. Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and chili-garlic sauce and mix well. Simmer sauce 2 minutes. Pour over pasta and toss well. Serve warm and enjoy!

*This is a very mild dish. Add more chili-garlic sauce if you want it spicier.

No comments:

Post a Comment