Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Veggies and Brown Rice

As I was walking home from class last night, I kept thinking of what I could possibly make for dinner. I literally have no food in my house. I have some random veggies. No bread. A tiny bit of cheese. Random condiments. Nothing to make a sauce. It's actually kind of embarrassing. As I'm racking my brain of things I could possibly through together, I came up with this dish. I threw in the random ingredients that I have in my apartment and it turned out to be really good. This literally took me 7 minutes tops to make. (I forgot to take a picture... my bad)

Ingredients:
1 cup brown rice
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup frozen broccoli
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
dash garlic salt
1 tbsp ranch
1/4 cup grated mozzarella

Directions:
Cook rice according to package.

Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until softened.

Cook spinach and broccoli according to package. (I just threw it in the microwave with some water for about a minute)

Add veggies, garlic salt, ranch, and mozzarella to rice. Stir until combined and cheese has melted.

DELISH

No comments:

Post a Comment