Thursday, July 21, 2011

Double Choclate Brownie Dough Blizzard!!

Anything with the word "dough" in it is usually off limits to me unless I make it in a gluten free way. If you've ever had a brownie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen, this recipe is a spin off that. I found it on a vegan blog. It looked great but when I read the ingredients list I definitely questioned how good it would actually be.. I'm not gonna lie, I was very doubtful. (You'll see once you read the list) But hey, I can't eat brownie dough ever again so I had to at least give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't exactly like a brownie.. but it sure was good. My roommate and I loved this recipe. It forced me to spend a little extra time at the gym today but was totally worth it. But on the other hand... I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this recipe, which uses nuts and dates, is a heck of a lot healthier than one that uses butter and flour.. at least that's what I like to think ;)


Ingredients for brownie dough ball:
1/2 cup raw cashews
12 Medjool dates (1 cup packed & pitted)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions: 
Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until a dough forms. (We didn't have a food processor on hand and this step worked just fine in a blender) Form into balls and store in fridge.

For the Icecream:
1 gallon of vanilla icecream
peanut butter and cocoa powder to taste

Directions:
Put desired amount of icecream, cocoa powder, and peanut butter in blender and blend until combined.

Pour icecream in a bowl and serve with brownie dough balls. SO good. Hope you like it as much as we did :)

Note: Just like every recipe, I encourage you to read the labels on every ingredient listed if you are following a gluten free diet. Gluten can easily be hidden in a lot of these ingredients so you might have to spend extra time looking for the right brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment