Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Gluten Free BBQ Sauce

We had bbq ribs for dinner one night while I was home but I couldn't have the sauce we usually make them with because it contained gluten. My dad was kind enough to look around a bunch of stores to see if he could find one without gluten, but no such luck. Not eating ribs wasn't an option so I made my own! I got the recipe offline. It's just as good as the bbq sauce I use to have except it's home made and takes no time at all to throw together. Use this sauce for ribs, chicken, pulled pork, or burgers.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins made in U.S. is GF)
1/4 cup water
1 medium chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon celery powder

Directions:
Combine the ingrediants in a medium sauce pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes to let sauce thicken. Use immediately or let it cool and store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment