Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Easy Snack

My Mom gave me the idea for this snack and I really like it right when I finish a workout. Its filling, replenishes you with energy, and takes almost no time to throw together. I find the taste of just plain rice cakes to be incredibly boring and dry. While they are low in calories, I would never eat one for the joy of it. The banana and peanut butter add a lot of great flavor. You could also try and drizzle a cake with honey or add some almond butter.



Ingredients:
GF lightly salted rice cakes (Quaker now makes GF large rice cakes-check label)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 banana

Directions:
Spread peanut butter on rice cake and arrange banana on top. Enjoy with a glass of milk! Easy, right?

I usually eat 1/2 the banana for breakfast in my yogurt and save the other half for my snack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment